The Africities 7 Summit, the seventh edition of the Local Governments Pan-African Days, will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 29 November to 3 December 2015. Its central theme will be: “Shaping The Future Of Africa With The People: The Contribution Of African Local Authorities To Agenda 2063 Of The African Union.” We aspire that by 2063, Africa shall be a prosperous continent, with the means and resources to drive its own development, and where:
- African people have a high standard of living, quality of life, sound health and well-being.
- A continent full of well educated citizens through a skills revolution underpinned by science, technology and innovation for a knowledge society.
- Cities and other settlements are hubs of cultural and economic activities, with modernized infrastructure, and people have access to all the basic necessities of life including shelter, water, sanitation, energy, public transport and ICT.
- Economies are structurally transformed to create shared growth, decent jobs and economic opportunities for all… (Agenda 2063 – The Africa We Want)
The Africities Summit pursues two major objectives:
- Defining appropriate shared strategies in order to improve the living conditions of the people at the local level.
- Contribute to the integration, peace and unity of Africa starting from the grassroots.
Sign up , read more, at the Africities Official website here