The 8th Issue of the GLTN Newsletter is now out.
The newsletter is a quarterly publication that is used to keep you in touch with news, events, publications and other developments which relate to the Global Land Tool Network.
In this issue, GLTN welcomes four new partners since the issuance of GLTN Newsletter # 7 in September last year, namely; Centre for Land Tenure Studies (CLTS), Land Governance for Equitable and Sustainable Development (LANDac), Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) and Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo).
The newsletter also highlights various other updates including the following:
- GLTN promotes pro-poor land tools at the World Urban Forum
- GLTN kicks off work in Uganda with Land Stakeholders' Workshop
- Annual Conference on Land and Poverty Puts Land High on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Security of tenure for women in the Muslim world
- GLTN holds its 5th Partners' Meeting
- GLTN welcomes four more Partners
- Global Land Indicators on the move etc.
Hot off the press:
- GLTN'S Capacity Development Strategy
- Addressing the information requirements of the urban poor
- 11-12 June 2014: Asia Pacific Land Tenure Initiative (Bangkok, Thailand)
- 13-21 June 2014: Malaysia FIG Kuala (Lumpur, Malaysia)
- 24-27 June 2014: Land Tools for Food Security Reference Group Meeting (RGM) (The Hague, The Netherlands)
- June 2014: LPI EGM on Land Indicators (tbc) (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- 1-4 July 2014: AfricaGeo 2014 (Cape Town, South Africa) and much much more